Kingston Climate & Temperature
- Kingston, Jamaica is at 17°55'N, 76°46'W, 3 m (10 ft). See map.
- Kingston has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- The average annual temperature is 27.1 degrees Celsius (80.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 2.5 °C (4.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 811 mm (31.9 inches) which is equivalent to 811 Litres/m² (19.89 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3002 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Kingston you would come out nearest to the climate station at Cocos Island A.M.O., Australia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Kingston, Jamaica Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Topic: Climate of Kingston, Jamaica
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: