Kingston Climate & Temperature
- Kingston, Jamaica is at 17°55'N, 76°46'W, 3 m (10 ft). See map.
- Kingston has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- The average temperature is 27.1 degrees Celsius (80.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 2.5 °C (4.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 811 mm (31.9 inches) which is equivalent to 811 Litres/m² (19.89 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3002 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Kingston you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Cocos Island A.M.O., Australia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Kingston Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Kingston Climate Graph in Metric Units
Kingston Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Kingston, Jamaica Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: